Friday, June 21, 2013

 ~Mexican Hay Stack~
Hey guys and gals~I was just gonna have Tacos and Burritos, but I thought I would take it a step futher and may Hay Stacks~
So I made Spanish Rice 1st~
I chopped~
2 Onions
2 Bell Peppers
3 Jalapeno Peppers
1 Cayenne Pepper
Some Garlic
I put this into a Cast Iron Dutch Over and Satueed w/
2 c. Long grain brown rice in about 2-4 TBL Oil, untill the peppers and onions were kinda softer, than I added 2 cans of Rotell Tomatoes and 2 1/2 c. water and cooked untill done.
Now for my meat, I browned 2 lbs ground beef with 1 Bell Pepper, 1 Onion, 2 Jalapenios and 1 Cayenne seasoned with Zaterans, then when done I drained it and added 2 packs of Fajita seasoning mix and 2/3 c water and simmered as the pack says.
I heated some refried beans and some white shelly beans I canned from last year (seperatly)
Now I will heat some round cruncy jalapeno tortillas, and some flour tortillas so each can have it the way they like it.....
I will put on my plate:
Broken Cruncy Tortillas, rice, beans and meat, taco sauce, cheese, then top with lettuce, tomatoes, and sourcream, you can add the toppings you like~~~Olives, avocados ect.....
Enjoy~
Ps the community here makes these and don't use refried beans and the make the powdered ranch dressing w/sourcream and put on it....and not taco sauce...So this is very variable, what makes these haystacks is the rice... :) Plus they also use plain rice...I wanted to JaZz it up~~~ ;)



https://www.facebook.com/notes/mistyprepper/mexican-hay-stack/538444386216463

2 comments:

  1. Susan Robinson (Grammy Sue)July 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM

    Hi, Misty! I just found you and all of your wonderful videos. I have spent the last few days watching them. I found you through the Homestead Blessings site.
    I have a question or a request. Could you please write about how you came to live the life you have now? I saw your family pictures and know that you didn't always live a plain lifestyle. God is leading me in that direction as well, and I would be so interested in your story. God bless you and your sweet family! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, yum, yummy! This looks and sounds delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Country Eggs

Fresh Country Eggs
All home grown

Popular Posts